Saturday, July 20, 2019

That 70's Halloween Quilt - 1st Finish Q3 FAL


I know it is supposed to be Christmas in July not Halloween in July, but I finished my first UFO for the third Quarter of the 2019 Finish-A-Long and had to post it.






This one was started in October 2014 when I was doing the Black Cat Crossing Blog Hop.  




It is a pattern called "That 70's Quilt" from the book Strip Savvy by Kate Henderson.


I had made several projects for Black Cat Crossing hop and this was a final project I started with some of the leftovers of the zig zag quilt.  I didn't have enough background fabric to finish it though, so it got put on the UFO pile while I waited for that fabric to come in.  Then other projects kept it on the UFO pile.




I almost had it finished for the fourth quarter Finish-A-Long of 2018. I got the whole top together In October that year and I was about to start quilting it when I realized I had left out some fabric pieces.  Ack!

In my haste to get the sashing added four years later, I didn't look back at the pattern and I sewed all the blocks and sashing together before adding the background corner triangles to each square and I totally left out the cornerstones!  So much for thinking I remembered what it was supposed to look like.
I contemplated keeping it the way it was, but the actual pattern looked so much better to me, so I unstitched all the sashing enough to get to the corners of the blocks and redid it.  It didn't take too long, just one night and a good movie to listen to and I am so glad I did it.



It is now stored with the Halloween quilts and will come back out at the end of September when we decorate for the fall.

The Back.


=^..^=

1 comment:

  1. I love your quilt! Bet Halloween can't get here fast enough to put it out and use it ;)

    ReplyDelete