Thursday, May 18, 2023

Rose Colored Glasses Blog Hop





Welcome to the last day of the Rose Colored Blog Hop posted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt





The challenge was to have one or more of the following:

Rose/pink fabric - Check!
Eyeglasses
Roses - Check!
Positive Words





I saw this rose pin cushion on Instagram by Berry Birdy and wanted to make one.

It uses small scraps and was quick to make.
I used different Island Batik prints from one of my Stash Builder rolls.




My petals didn't turn out as close to the center as the sample on the Berry Birdy's Instagram page, they ended up more relaxed and open. 




The relaxed petals actually give it a whole different look. It kind of reminds me of a pink decorative cabbage.  I might glue the petals closer to the center in the future, but for now I like it this way. 




And Boonky approves. 

Be sure to hop on over to the other participants today. And be sure to check out any others you may have missed earlier in the week.

 

23 comments:

  1. Oh this is a pattern I've been eyeing. I love Berry Birdy's cute pattern style. Now I have a decision to make when I make mine...relaxed or not? They both are just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pincushion is lovely and it looks like a more open rose, which is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new pinny and it looks like I am in good company with Boonky, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Leah! I think I have to go get this pattern and make one. I love it in the pretty pink batiks...it's so rosy! It does have a decorative cabbage look to it, but I think that's what makes it so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you pin cushion. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful pin cushion! I love the clever use of rose petals to surround the main pin area. This is a real work of functional art. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pin keep is gorgeous. I love everything about it. Those tulip-topped straight pins fit it perfectly. Your black cat looks so cute posed in the photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute and fits all the requirements. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pincushion! Such a pretty design and big enough to be useful. I must make me one. I think it is beautiful as a rose, but I love the idea of making it a head of lettuce, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a beautiful pin cushion!!!! And the IB are perfect for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous....far too pretty to stick pins in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love pin cushions and this one is right up there on the top of the list. I like the look of the relaxed petals, its welcoming. Your cat is beautiful and really sets off this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this pin cushion and it is perfect. The pins are so much fun you have too, and the kitty did a great job guarding everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have quite a collection of pin cushions and hove one similar from a dear friend. A cabbage rose is what it reminds me of and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun and pretty pincushion, Leah! I will definitely check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful pin cushion, elegant beautiful and very useful. A great project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pink cabbage 🌹! Very pretty and so is your handsome black cat 🐈‍⬛ 🥰my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You made a darling pincushion! Love that rose. Boonky is adorable, beautiful eyes. I LOVE black kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your rosy cabbage rose pin cushion. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete