Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Bee Kind Blog Hop


The theme for the September blog hop challenge hosted by Joan of Moose Stash Quilting, is all about "kind" projects: a favorite charity project, a free pattern, or anything that shows we spread a little kindness, everywhere we go. Of course, Bee projects of all kinds fit right in there too!




My project is a quick little baby quilt that can be sewn up in half a day. 



The main block is a nine patch that sews up really quick.

Perfect for charity quilts or a quick handmade gift and is beginner friendly.  




It was so quick to make, I made two!




I added a new free tutorial on my Tutorials Page so you can make your own. 
Check it out!



This project actually started out from a gift. 

Several years ago a friend gave me a leftover jelly roll with almost all the strips still in it.  There were 36 and a half strips left over! 



I cut it up into 2.5 inch squares and had the perfect shade of yellow to match for the border.



The  9 patches measure 6 inches square when finished, and with only 12 blocks, the quilt is small. 34 x 42 inches. Perfect for the car or tummy time.



It was small enough I could load them both on my longarm and quilt them at the same time.



And check out the back. I threw in some bees.




I did a little custom quilting on these two, but if you did an all over meander, the quilting can be just as fast as sewing the top together.




To keep on with the spirit of giving, I will be donating one of these to a youth fundraiser later next year.



I still had lots of squares left over, so I made a cute little pillow to go with it.  



Squares on the front and back.



After working on my Island Batik applique project this month I had applique on the brain so I added a cute flower on the front.



Thanks so much for hopping along.  Be sure to stop by my fellow bloggers to see how they are spreading a little kindness.


Monday Sept 23

MooseStashQuilting

Words & Stitches

Selina Qullts

Just  Sew  Quilter

Scrapdash

Tuesday Sept 24

Patchouli Moon Studio

Quilted Snail

Quilt Schmilt

Quilted Delights (Me)

Hazels Daughter

Wednesday Sept 25

BeaQuilter

Karrin's Crazy World

That Fabric Feeling

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilting Between the Rails

Thursday Sept 26th

Just Let Me Quilt

Ms P Designs USA

Quilting Gail

Songbird Designs




Happy Sewing!


=^..^=


Follow me on Instagram
Check me out on YouTube.


13 comments:

  1. Those are such sweet baby quilts. I love the backing fabric with the bees and the bonus pillow! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby quilt and I love the picture of your orange kitty hanging over the longarm, looking at it. He looks just like my kitty Denali. LOL!! The pillow is such a cute addition and you know how much I love applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt and its simplicity with such a beeutiful backing. So very kind of you to share the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty quilt and pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such a sweet quilts that will be loved by someone special, I'm sure. I love the fabric colors and your pillow with the applique. Great projects to show your kindness! Two quilts on the machine at the same time is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the simple form of the quilts you are fashioning. We are grateful for you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your pretty quilts and pillow! The simple design lets us focus on the pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely baby quilts! The fabrics are sweet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty quilt with sweet fabric colors! The pillow is the perfect addition. Great idea to use a bee motif when quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilts are delightful!!! Such a simple design, yet so effective!
    Thanks for sharing!
    quiltinggail

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your quilt. The soft colors are beautiful. To make two of them is an extra special treat. The simplicity of the design allows the fabrics to breath and show off their pastel colors. I'm wondering if you know the name of the fabric designer? Great finish and I'm so glad I stopped by to see your lovely finish. What a kind project for someone in need.!

    ReplyDelete