Friday, March 17, 2023

Froggy Green Irish Chain

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This quilt is my newest finish! I started it last year for the Time in a Bottle Blog Hop,



I even had the back ready.



I pulled it out the other day along with some Hobbs Natural Cotton Batting and put it on the frame.



I was supervised by, Sheen, the Senior Quilt Inspector.




The main idea behind the design for this one was to have all the light green squares as part of the inside chains.




And the darker greens for the outer chains.




With cute little frogs in the center.





I pulled some older greens from my stash and used my favorite strip method for the back.

 I trimmed my center strips too short for the back so I added a horizontal strip at the top to make it long enough.




You can sort of see the quilting on the back. Green and white thread for this one. 




I tried to make the quilting in the white spaces all the same but sometimes I got distracted and there are few extra swirls in some.




I had fun putting all the frogs in the center of the Ohio stars.



It's nice to have it ready this year in time for St. Patrick's day!


Happy Quilting!


=^..^=





6 comments:

  1. So pretty, Leah!! Great St. Pat's Day quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful as always, Leah and terrific job on your quilting! I've only made a fall themed quilt so far and I really haven't wanted seasonal quilts yet, but I feel like making some is getting closer! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes my green-loving heart go pitty-pat! Love the greens, love the details, love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt, in every way. The backing is equally stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful quilt and just perfect for St Patrick's day

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, this is gorgeous and your quilting is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete