Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Little Green Apples - Sew It Show It Challenge


This week is the "Little Green Apples Sew It Show It Challenge" Hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt. For this challenge we could sew something about apples, use apple fabric, or just use green fabric.  I went with the green fabric option and sewed something somewhat apple shape... sort of. 



I saw some cute Kinchaku bags pop up on Instagram and wanted to give them a try. When you pull them shut, scrunch them down a little, and use your imagination they could look like apples. 🍏 



There are lots of fun patterns and tutorials on the internet for these types of bags. 



I saw the pattern by Sweet Cinnamon Roses and loved how she did the bottom so I wanted to give it a try.

These would make cute little gifts to hand out for when someone needs a pick me up. They sew up really fast and you can use up scrap batting and fabric. Once you make the first one, you could probably sew up half a dozen in an afternoon and fill them with fun treats.

You could even put an apple in them along with other treats for a the teachers in your life. 

Make sure to check out all the other blogs today to see their challenge pieces!


MARCH 20

Just Let Me Quilt

Quilt Schmilt

Quilting Gail

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

DesertSky Quilting

Days Filled With Joy

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Sew Many Yarns

 MARCH 21

Creatin’ in the Sticks

Quilted Delights

Karrin’s Crazy World

For The Love Of Geese

Vroomans Quilts

Quilted Snail

Homespun Hannah's Blog

The Joyful Quilter

MARCH 22

Inflorescence

Ms P Designs USA

Words & Stitches

The Crafty Grammie

Beaquilter

Texas Quilt Gal

Pinker n' Punkin Quilting & Stitching

 MARCH 23

Moosestash Quilting

Patchwork Breeze

Crazy'boutquilts

Selina Quilts

Samelia's Mum

Just Because Quilts

Scrapdash

That Fabric Feeling




Happy Quilting!


=^..^=





25 comments:

  1. Such wonderful bags! Thank you for the pattern link. I am trying to make some little gifties this year well before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags and the fabric too! I love how the bottoms come together and create the pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely adorable and your right about the bottom of them! I need to check out this pattern myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love these bags! I believe I will make some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Kinchaku bags are adorable! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric choices and the bags! I've never heard of Kinchaku bags but you certainly inspired me to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These bags are adorable. I have a retreat coming up and can use these as gifts for my table mates. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing looking bags and I love the bottom of them! Great choices in fabrics, too. Love them all and thanks for sharing, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bags are so cute and useful, too. I loved the bottoms - thanks for sharing that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great pouches! neat bottoms too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute pouches! These would come in handy for so many uses. I like how you did the bottoms. Thank you so much for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great little pouches, and I love how you did the bottoms. These would come in handy for so many uses. Thank you so much for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they do look like apples, kinda, sorta. They are great looking green bags. Those bottoms are great looking, lots of character,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome quilted drawstring bags for the Hop!! I would imagine that the construction of the bottom makes them sturdier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leah your bags are perfect! I love your fabrics and the bottom of the bag is very interesting. Thanks for sharing the link. I'm off to check it out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These bags are adorable and pretty in green for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE your 'apple' bags! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bags are very cute and so useful.

    ReplyDelete