Sunday, February 19, 2023

Project Quilting 14.4 - A Novel Project: Harry Potter

 



The theme for week four of Project Quilting is "A Novel Project"
I have several favorite novels to choose from but when I saw the fabric with all the Harry Potter Book Jackets I knew I had to make a quilt with that.




I picked out a few more prints to go with it and cut out some big eight inch squares.




Boonky helped me cut out the black fabric for the sashing.





The shadows behind each print represent each of the house colors. 






And I couldn't pass up this print for the back.




I did a quick meandering for the quilting and put the binding on this morning.




This came together pretty quick since the blocks were big.  The thin white borders and shadows were quick too.  Add the sashing and the top was done and quilting was fast with the meandering. You can definitely make this quilt in a week or even in a weekend. particularly if you have a lot of time to sew on Saturday and Sunday.   

I need to make a few more of these for Harry Potter nights!

The Quilt measures approximately 48 x 59.


Head on over to Kim Lapcek's blog to see all the Novel Projects completed this week!



Happy Quilting!


=^..^=





4 comments:

  1. What a great quilt for a Harry Potter lover! Somewhere, I still have the first line of Harry Potter fabric, I think. I should look for it. I always like blocks set that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love Harry Potter as do my daughters. It's been such a great series that brought us together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt! I love HP! The colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant way to tie in the house colors!

    ReplyDelete