Sunday, November 20, 2022

Christmas Stocking - Island Batik Style


This month Island Batik Ambassadors are making Christmas Stockings!  We were asked to show off creations from fun and funky to traditional.








I opted for Traditional colors. I love red! So I tend to lean toward that color most.  Throw in some green and gold and I'm hooked! 




 This stocking used up some of the last of my Island Batik Winter Wonders collection by Kathy Engle.  I threw in some other red and green Island Batik scraps to finish out the stocking.  




My diamonds were cut from 2 inch strips.   I laid them out in alternating reds and greens.


Once I had all the diamonds sewn together I used the used the Large stocking pattern from LearnCreateSew.  I liked the shape of her Easy Christmas Stocking and used the large size pattern.  It is a free pattern you can get here.  I altered the cuff a bit too to have bit of green peek out after you turn the cuff, but the base pattern is a good starting point.



This stocking has Hobbs inside!  I had a nice rectangle piece of leftover Hobbs Heirloom Natural Cotton Batting just perfect for the two sides of the stocking.  










I quilted the top using red Aurifil Thread and Schmetz Needles.
I love how the red thread pops on the green fabrics!









Click the Ambassador image below to be taken to the Island Batik webpage for links to see all the all the fun Christmas Stockings this month.





Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



4 comments:

  1. I like the traditional look you did for your stocking with the red and green. It's very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, this is a great stocking!! I love that fabric line. It's perfect for Christmas stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, this is a great stocking!! I love that fabric line. It's perfect for Christmas stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, fun, fun! Perfect fabric range for festive stitching.

    ReplyDelete