Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Music Blog Hop


Welcome to day three of the Music Blog Hop. Today I am showing off my newest quilted tote bag!




It's getting close to that time of year when Christmas Carols are played all the time around here.  I'll admit I even play them from time to time through out the year.  Some of them are just so great you can't go a year without hearing them.  I myself am not musically inclined, but I sure like to surround myself with it and encourage my children to develop their own musical talents.  




Not too long ago I found a panel that had these festive music prints.  The panel was laid out kind of odd and I had to buy a little extra to get five complete sets, which also gave me a few extra squares.  


When Carla announced the Music Blog Hop, I knew I wouldn't have time to work on a full size quilt, but I would have time to use one of the extra blocks in small project.




 At Christmas time I always end up transporting little gifts in reusable grocery sacks, but this year I will have a festive bag to tote my little treasures. 




And check out these paper flowers made out of sheet music.  They were a gift to my son from a class mate of his when he was at the South Carolina Governor's School for Arts and Humanities.

SCGSAH is a boarding school for high School Juniors and Seniors who specialize in the arts.  Any child who auditions and gets selected can go, it doesn't matter their financial situation.  I love that!  The school recruits the best young musicians and artists across the state and gives anyone who auditions a chance at a fantastic education that focuses on what they love to do. My son got accepted for Music.  

It was a little hard to have him gone his last two years of high school, but he was only three hours away and got to come home once a month for a long weekend.  So that helped.  It was an opportunity he couldn't pass up.  The school really helped him get ready for College and get a scholarship for Music.  Next Spring he will graduate college with a degree in Commercial Music.





Boonky, my quilt inspector in training, was falling asleep on the job again, but he was wide awake when I was trying to take photos.  He and Carl can't resist jumping into the light box when ever I get it out.




Make sure to check out all the blogs and get inspired by the music themed creations  this week!



Monday, November 14th


Tuesday, November 15th

Wednesday, November 16th


Thursday, November 17th



Happy Sewing!


=^..^=


23 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on music. That bag is beautiful and those paper flowers are as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tote bag! The music panels are really cool, and, oh, my, the sheet music flowers--amazing! I may have to find out how to make those. Thanks for sharing your project. I hope I get to see the quilt when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Leah, your tote is beautiful. The fabrics are so great for the hop and this is a great Christmas project as well. It's so fun to learn how music is a part of our friends lives. Your son sounds very talented and to make music a career is so fantastic. Love those paper flowers. Thanks for sharing those too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is perfect - so pretty and festive. Those paper flowers are amazing, and your kitties in the lightbox crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy to the World was the very first song I had in a choir, about 50 years ago. Beautiful bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bag, and what great panels. Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowziers, your tote bag is absolutely gorgeous. Those fabrics are just incredible. Then there are those awesome music paper flowers. Beautiful. What an incredible opportunity for your son to attend a school of the arts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag is so pretty and festive, and those flowers are incredible! It sounds like your son did well with his music training. It's wonderful that there is a school that can help them achieve goals in the art that they love. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tote is gorgeous, and I really love those flowers! Your son sounds super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful story about your son's musical talents and how it's impacted his life. Congrats. What a spectacular bag - I never thought of adding a roll-down top to a bag but it's cuter than cute. Your small 'panel' works beautifully and your fabric choice is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tote bag is beautiful and I love those paper flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bag! And fun music sheet "flowers!" Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post and a lovely tribute to your talented son. I adore that musical fabric. I'm sure that panel was a popular one. You've elevated them well with lovely projects. Thanks for sharing the musical flowers too...clever project for a music lover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful bags! They are really an upgrade from the standard find a bag to bring something in. Love the music sheet flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your festive tote is great! And congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this tote! What a great Christmas bag for gifts or treats. It was so interesting to hear about your son and the school he attended. I am sure you are very proud him and his accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness I love your bag. I wouldnt be able to stop singing with one of these. I love it. and your kitties in training are too cute. thanks for sharing and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty and practical. A great way to use up those spare panel blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I couldn't comment the other night on my phone, but I wanted to come back and tell you how much I liked the bag you made. A lot! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Leah this tote is perfect for the hop! And those flowers or sheet music are fantastic! Thank you for encouraging your children to pursue their musical dreams and develop their talents. That school sounds fantastic. So happy he was able to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your bag is beautiful and I also love the flowers. Do you know of a tutorial for them?

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great use of extra music panel squares! Perfect to haul around music. Fun flowers - what a neat idea, and neat opportunity for your son to attend that school.

    ReplyDelete