Saturday, November 12, 2022

Cityscape One Block Wonder

 


I bought seven cityscape panels in September of 2019 when they went on sale. 
I finally cut into them this March.




It was my nephew that got these panels moved to the top of the One Block Wonder list. He had gone to an exhibit earlier in the year and saw a quilt using a similar panel, but it had different shading and various quilt blocks surrounding it.  It wasn't a one block wonder.   He sent me a photo and asked I could make something like that.



I showed him the panels I had bought and told him I planned to make a One Block Wonder quilt with them. He wasn't sure what a One Block Wonder was, so I sent him some photos of my others ones.





He thought they were super cool. So I told him when I finished this one he could have it.




I finally finished it on Friday, but with the remains of Hurricane Nicole coming through it was hard to get some good photos.




But now the sun is out and the wind isn't nearly as strong.




It's really hard to take photos of a quilt in tropical storm force winds.  lol




I am loving this city scene I found for the back.






Now that it has had it's photo shoot, it is time to package it up and get it in the mail.

This is my 11th One Block Wonder and I still have more on my list to make!






Happy Sewing!


=^..^=




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, did this quilt ever turn out beautifully! The colours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete