Thursday, March 17, 2022

Time in a Bottle Blog Hop

 


Welcome! Today I am showing off my creation for the Time in a Bottle Blog Hop.

And since it is also St. Patrick's day,  I went for a green color pallet.



For this hop we were challenged to use at least one hourglass block in our project.



I knew immediately I wanted to make Ohio Star blocks as they have four hour glass blocks inside them. I initially was going to make the traditional two colored hour glass blocks, but then I saw some Heather Ross frog fabric poking out of my stash and decided they needed to be in the center with a tad more green in the block.  So I guess you can call it an hour glass with a green shadow.



After I had the Ohio Stars made, I wasn't sure how I wanted to lay them out into a quilt.  I thought about separating them with sashing, but then I thought they needed to be surrounded by more shapes and color. Of course more green.




  Then the double Irish chain quilt popped into my head.  Again perfect for St. Patrick's day.  So I made a bunch of four patches.






This is Boonky, trying to be a quilt Supervisor... falling asleep on the job.




I added some extra pieces to the four patches and had block A for my Double Irish Chain.





I had to add some extra side pieces to my Ohio Stars too to make block B.





Again... Boonky falling asleep on the job.





I alternated blocks A and B together to make the top.





The frogs are so cute!  I almost went with shamrocks, but I am glad I picked the frogs.






Now I need to decide if I want to custom quilt this one or do an all over design.






Make sure to check out the other Blogs today to see what everyone else made with their hour glass blocks!






Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



25 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Leah! I love the greens, the design and the frogs! It's just perfect for this hop and St Pat's day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. St. Patrick's Day frogs!! They are my lucky frogs today, hugged tight with that warm Irish chain, ready for their mug of Guinness or a cup of hot tea! Thank you for totally making my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! Green is my favourite colour and this quilt is perfectly green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! Perfect for St. Patty's Day and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness how fun is your quilt. I love the little frogs in the center of the blocks! Happy St Patrick's Day to you and thanks for sharing that St Patty's day cheer with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Luck of the Irish to you today (and everyday) with that GORGEOUS Irish Chain quilt! Oh those frogs are a sweet little surprise too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is awesome!! I love green and the double Irish chain is perfect for St. Patty's day!! The frogs in the Ohio stars really set it off!! Fantastic quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for today, full of cheerfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful quilt. Wow! It was fun to be able to follow along with your creative thinking.
    My wish for you today is
    May your joys be like the expanse of a rainbow , your struggles like the soft caress of a summer breeze, and your thoughts like the wisdom of Buddha. Happy St Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love your Irish Chain quilt with the adorable frogs starring in the stars. Glad too that Boonky is well-rested. It must be a hard job to be a quilting supervisor, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt! My daughter would love those frogs. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! The little frogs in the center are just too adorable. You really rocked the whole hourglass theme with a pinch of Irish, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the hourglass blocks for your star points! Great idea. And those frogs ... so very very cute! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your scrappy Irish chain and the frogs are adorable. Awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the green, green, green. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Your setting of your hourglass blocks is another design altogether and so effective. The frogs are darn cute. Great job getting this Irish chain completed as a top. Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun blocks! The frogs make fabulous centers--super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a stunning quilt. Love the frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use of the frog fabric. Such a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt is AMAZING! I love quilts with all those little square blocks but have never tried one. The colors were perfect for its March 17th debut! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I LOVE your quilt! The Irish chain is absolutely beautiful and making Ohio stars with the hourglass blocks--very clever! The frogs in the middle are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm amazed with your gorgeous quilt. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous quilt! Green was a fun choice to use - and as you explained - really the only choice considering the date and the frog fabric find! The Irish chain blocks set it all off well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely and perfect for this time of year. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The frogs win hands down. This quilt looks so much more complicated than your description. Thanks for that. Love that it covers St Patricks day too.

    ReplyDelete