Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Scrappy Nine Patch Stars



A UFO is off the to do the list! Yay!




I started this quilt in September 2019. You can read about it here.




This one got moved to the top of the finish pile because of the daily Instagram Quit Fest photo prompts by Amy of Amy's Creative Side.




March is national Quilting month and for each day of the month Amy posted a new photo prompt for us to show off our quilty photos.





March 8 was "Scrappy Finish". I thought for sure I could squeeze in some quilting by the 8th.





I already had this exploding Tardis fabric picked out and sewn together for the back. All I needed to do was load it on the frame.

Well I started the quilting, but decided to quilt each little square which takes longer than an all over design so I didn't finish in time for the 8th....







But I did finish in time for the March 14th prompt "Recent Finish".
Yay!





I have a sister-in-law who loves scrappy quilts and it just happens to be her birthday month.  So this quilt got photographed and shipped on Saturday and she should be opening her package today!
 


Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



8 comments:

  1. Oh! This is so beautiful 😻, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Great job, I need to make one!🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a gorgeous finish this is! You have an amazing knack and vision to put together the most beautiful quilts, Leah. I don't have that same knack!! How many UFO's do you have left waiting??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think doing each square really made the design pop! And exploding TARDIS fabric was an excellent choice - not a geometric like the front, just a nice rich contrast with the TARDIS blue picking up the stars on the front. Most excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! And so fun to choose all those scrappy fabrics and stitch them into a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful quilt! The blue stars just make it so pretty and stands out from all your nine patches. Great finish! Truly. I hope someone special receives it! Thanks for posting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so beautiful! A fabulous scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete