Friday, December 31, 2021

Island Batik December Challenge - EPP


This month Island Batik Ambassadors were challenged to make a project using English Paper Piecing...  aka hand sewing.  I don't mind hand sewing, but it usually isn't at the top of my to do list.. but I may have to add it closer to the top of the list.  In my search of something to EPP other than hexagons, I found some great patterns from Sue Daley I want to try.

For this project, I used different Island Batik Scraps left over from other projects and attached a scrappy EPP'd Sunflower to the back of a By Annie's Piecekeeper project bag.   This is a free pattern on the website and also has free add on videos!  This is great if you want to try out By Annie's patterns.  This project goes over most of the basics you will need to make some of her bigger and more complex bags.  It is great to learn with and you end up with a cool project bag.




This one holds everything I need to make more scrappy sunflowers!




I used papers from Sue Daley to make this scrappy sunflowers.  Check out her blog, she has a great pattern using these papers.




I tired different ways to attach the pieces, looking for the the best way to save thread. Then I watched some quick videos on You Tube from Sue Daley and got some good tips.



I already have more pieces sewn together for more flowers. 
Slowly but surely this will come together!


Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! It's a great design for what looks like a nice big flower. I love that you have EPP on your EPP bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool bag Leah! I may have to try that one! The Scrappy Sunflower looks great on it, too. I can't wait to see more. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Love the colors, and great bag to try.

    ReplyDelete