Sunday, January 28, 2018

Project Quilting 9.2 - Triangulation

The theme for week two of Project Quilting season 9 was "Triangulation".  We had to use mostly triangles in our creation this week.  I love triangle quits!  I even have a "Triangle Quilts" board on Pinterest.  So the real challenge this week was choosing a pattern I wanted to make.


 I finally settled on the Morning star block.
Each block has 36 triangles in it for a total of 324 triangles.
This version measures 36.5 in Square.


I have made a similar quilt before.  A smaller 24 inch version for a mini quilt swap in 2016.  


I loved it so much It was hard to part with so I told myself I would make one for myself one day.
Well that day came this week thanks to the help of Project Quilting.  
This time I changed the coloring up a bit.



 At first had yellow as the outer stars, but when I left the room and came back to look at it it didn't look right to me.  I changed that last outer row to purple and got a two thumbs up from the teenagers in my life so I went with the purple outer triangles.





Check out all the other "Triangulation" creations this week here:


And vote for your favorites.  Voting starts at 1pm CST.
To vote click the heart in the upper right hand corner of the photos.



If you are interested, you can get the pattern in several different places

This one cost $, but she gives you templates and coloring sheets for several different size blocks.
or
This one is free but is only for a 12 inch block

or

You can use a kaleidoscope ruler that cuts triangles with  a 45 degree angle and cut out a bunch of triangles. That is what I did and I laid out my colors using EQ8.


=^..^=


10 comments:

  1. This is incredibly beautiful! All of those colors and movement is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I have found my next quilt pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Leah! You always melt my heart. And in a week, you're incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful and I hope you hold onto this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - I had in mind to make something like this, but no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously! How do you do this!!!? It's so so so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt, I love both, the mini and the new one, and your color choice

    ReplyDelete