Monday, October 24, 2016

Under the Sea Swap

The Under the sea swap this summer was swap one of my favorites this year.
It was perfect timing with my pattern testing for The Tartan Kiwi.

 The pattern has lots of pieces, but comes together nicely.
Tartan Kiwi has wonderful patterns.

Here he is before quilting. A night photo.  Most of my quilting is done at night now or early morning before the sun comes up. So lots of night time photos.

I used my sulky top stitching thread for the quilting and tried to mimic seaweed.

Finally got an outside photo.


I made my partner a little sewing book to go with her mini quilt and filled it with some sewing goodies.



This one went all the way to Canada.  I actually took it there myself... sort of.  
I was on vacation and on my way to Toronto and mailed it while in Canada!



The person sending to me did a fantastic job!  I love the lobster!

Stay Tuned for more minis!

=^..^=

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky swap partner you had. I'm sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on this one. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete