It took me forever to make my fabric choices for this quilt. That was the whole delay in my starting, trying to decide which fabrics to use, but I finally picked out a base fabric and was able to get a move on this project. I started with the black Debbie Mumm fabric, which I have had for years. I bought it on sale not sure what I was going to do with it, but for such a good price I figured I could eventually find something to do with it. Now it is finally having its turn in the sun, literally. Once I had that base fabric picked out, it was quick work to add 6 coordinating tone on tone solids to go with it and then I got to cutting.
I started sewing the top Saturday morning, did a few house chores in between, went into town to get some groceries for the week, and then stayed up super late to get it finished in time for the parade on May 1rst. Which is now today....
I am so excited about how it turned out, that I wanted to blog about it right away. Now that its picture is up, I better hit the hay. Hopefully while I rest, I will dream of a good way to quilt this bright beauty. :)