Monday, October 7, 2019

Witchy Stitchy Blog Hop

Welcome to the opening day of the Witchy Stitchy Blog Hop hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.
I am happy to help start the week!

For this hop I focused on making small fabric decorative items.  One was done in less than an hour and the last one I split up in three days.



First up I have some small treat totes to show off.  I have made these before and even for a previous Halloween hop years ago, but I love them and had new ones to show off, so here they are again.  They are super quick to sew up. Once you make one, you can knock out the other three in less than an hour. 


All four together only takes two fat quarters and some ribbon. They are fun to fill with treats and hand out to the special little monsters in your life.  The pattern is a free pattern from All People Quilt.





Another quick Halloween stitch project is this striped pumpkin.   It uses batting scraps and is made somewhat similar to the Jelly Roll Rugs.  The pattern is Festive Pumpkins by Aunties Two.  They also have bags patterns using this similar technique that I am itching to try.  I have a nice roll of leftover batting I cut into 2.5 strips waiting to be used.  This one took me about 2 hours to put together.  Now that I did the first one, when I make more they should come together a little quicker.




Last but definitely not least is Patch the Kitty from Funky Friends Factory by Pauline.  He is a patchwork of Halloween spookiness!  He did take several hours, but is doable in one day if you have good chunk of sewing time.  I split him up into three days. I worked on him about an hour before going to work two days in a row, then finished him up Saturday morning when I had a good few hours in the sewing room.


I love him and the Funky Friends patterns!  Not only are Pauline's instructions wonderful, there is also a link in the pattern that takes you to a page with picture instructions that follow along with her written instructions.  That link was so helpful for me. 

Check out her Website to see all the Friends in the line up.  You can buy and download the patterns on her website or throw one in your cart next time you are shopping at Missouri Star.


And make sure to check out all the other Stitchy Witchy Blog Hoppers today and the rest of the week.



October 7
Creatin' in the Sticks
Songbird Designs
For The Love Of Geese
Quilted Delights  (Me)
Kathleen McMusing
Quilts By Joanne
Whims And Fancies
Janie G. – Hosted at Just Let Me Quilt
 

October 8
Selina Quilts
Vroomans Quilts

Days Filled With Joy
Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
Life in the Scrapatch
Just Because Quilts
Brenda's Quilt Blog
 

October 9
Home Sewn By Us
Kathleen - Hosted at Just Let Me Quilt
Quilts Fabric and Thread Tales
Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting
WebsterquiltSeams To Be Sew
Sew Many Yarns

October 10
Beaquilter
Homespun Hannah's Blog
MooseStashQuilting
Cynthia's Creating Ark
It’s A T-Sweet Day!
Count it *all* JOY!
Bethni L. – Hosted at Just Let Me Quilt
 
October 11

Just Let Me Quilt
Quilt Fabrication
Melva Loves Scraps
Patchouli Moon Studio
Ms P Designs USA
Karrin’s Crazy World
Patchwork Breeze
Words & Stitches


=^..^=



36 comments:

  1. Such a great assortment of projects, but your kitty steals the show for sure. I have the pattern and my little granddaughter would love it. I must add this to my list. I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are all fabulous, but I really love that striped pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such great Halloween projects. The cat is my favourite. So spookily cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat is my favorite! I remember making some small bags like those in Christmas fabric years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What FUN!! I like the idea of several little projects. Your patchwork cat is precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, my favorite one is the kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bags, the pumpkin, the cat...wowzers! All of them are amazing and make me want to stop everything to go sew them. That cat just screams "Halloween is here!" Love it! Thank you for sharing your Witchy Stitchy goodness with us. I'm so inspired with the spookiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leah! OMG - that kitty cat is fabulous. I can just see my 9-month sweet baby girl talking to it! And the bags!! I truly want to make some of those, for sure. What cute ideas you've shared and links too. That cat! I want him right now - this minute. Happy first day of the hop. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your projects! You have the most perfect fabric for those bags, and I just love the kitty - I may have to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your projects are great! Those small bags are adorable and I like that they can be made quickly. My favorite of your projects is the kitty. You did such a great job! Love the Halloween fabric you used. I am going to check out that pattern site. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great bunch of projects, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all - so many great projects. The bags are terrific, the pumpkin fun and my puppy (old dog really) would be all over that kitty. 3 projects = triple the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your Halloween goodies but Patch the Kitten is awesome. Great works of spooky delight all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been busy! I really like your Halloween kitty cat. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really cute projects all of them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your projects!! You really stuffed your familiar perfectly!! Thank you for the link to the basket pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The kitty is SO CUTE!!!! I would love to make him for my grand kiddos. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects but the kitty is just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool love the cat and them bags... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Halloween kitty is the absolute cutest!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All cute projects. That kitty is really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What fun Halloween treats you have shared with us!! I love the pumpkin. Thank you for Sharing and Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'be made those little bags and they are quick. Great for treat bags at birthdays as well. I like the projects using the JR method, must try. And the kitty is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These projects are as cute as can be. Thanks for sharing them all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Especially like the Halloween kitty--Thanks for all your ideas!!
    barbkaup(at)(yahoo)(dot)(com)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These projects are just adorable! I especially like that kitty!! My grands would love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your projects are just fantastic! And I love that cat! I went into the website to check these Funky Friends out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All of these projects were cute cute cute, but that bag... I loved it!!! I wanna make one! ty for your cute and wacky projects today.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Three wonderful projects! For a minute there, you actually had me thinking about making bags for the children on either side of my house. LOL Both the pumpkin and the cat are so cute! What a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I’ve seen several Funky Friends and each one, your cat included, is really cute. All of your projects are great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love all your projects!!! Sooo cute! Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete