Monday, July 22, 2024

Something Fishy Blog Hop Challenge


 I am excited to help kick off the Something Fishy Blog Hop Challenge!


I had a good time playing with the Fishy Fishy pattern by Southwind Designs and my leftover Island Batik scraps. 



I cut out enough to make more fish than I needed, but I wanted to have options.



Once I picked out my nine main prints I added the fin colors.



I also had a good time using leftover threads to match all the fish.



I like how easy it was to make the curves, similar to making cathedral windows.  



Lately, I have been making and sewing my own quilt designs, so it sure was nice this time around to have someone else do all the math.



These fish were easy to make, easier than catching fish in real life, and more colorful.




We were at the park taking pictures and there were people out and about fishing, trying to catch brim and bass.  I like to fish myself, but I don't do much freshwater fishing. You can usually find me in the marsh on the weekends trying to catch anything that bites.






Be sure to check out all the other fishy projects this week!




Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



17 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous quilt, and the batiks are perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! The quilting on it is perfect--it looks like water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you really called my name with this quilt today. I love fish and these look so much like the fish in my pond! So beautiful and colorful. I'm dancing in my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute quilt! And the border is a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable quilt. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The batik fabrics sure make those fish look pretty and so colorful. I like your border, it's so different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, this fish quilt definitely caught my attention. The wavy border and colorful fish look amazing in this...love it! I think I need another fish quilt. Thanks for throwing your fish line in for this hop. You rocked it, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Quilt! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute quilt. The wavy inside borders look like movement in water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yours is such a fun quilt! The fish look like they are having a fabulous time jumping around and meeting new friends! The border is so clever with the look of water waves. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilt!!! I like the variety of colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fish are gorgeous! The playfulness of the layout is matched by your gorgeous quilting. I can't believe you matched all the colors with special thread. Wow!! Well done! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LJ here. The quilt is wonderful and I especially liked the border with the little squares and the undulating line - reminds me of water. Great use of scraps...fabric and thread. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beautiful batik fish. So colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a delightful quilt. Looks like the fish are having fun playing in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete