Tuesday, February 20, 2024

It Moose Be Love Blog Hop



Welcome to day two of the "It Moose Be Love"  Blog Hop, hosted by Joan of Moose Stash Quilting.
As Joan said on her blog, Valentine's day might be over, but the Love continues.  This blog hop challenged us to show off what we love.  I love fun patterns and this one caught my eye a while ago.  It is called Lugnuts by Highway 10 Designs.





The original quilt on the cover was done in browns, but I opted for brighter colors for mine.  I love bright colors and I love batiks.  These are prints from my personal stash of Island Batik prints.  

I love Island Batik fabric, and I get a nice supply of it in my Island Batik Ambassador box twice a year, but I also have a healthy stash that I purchased on my own. What can I say,  I love the stuff!




I also love my kitty helpers.  I had two helping out with this project,  Carl and Boonky.




I am not sure how much "helping" Boonky did this time around.




Other than to remind me when it was nap time.




He's so cute!




This quilt uses 9 one yard prints: three darks, three mediums, and three lights.  




It is also sewn together as triangles and I love triangles! 




I also love pieced backs!  The pattern shows how to use some leftover half hexagons for a small strip on the back, but I also used the leftover strip pieces that weren't quite large enough to cut another triangle from.  I didn't want them sitting in the scrap bin for years, so I added almost all of them to the back.  The ones that didn't fit have already been designed into another quilt. Stay tuned for that one!



I did some quick meandering hearts for the quilting and after a quick search on YouTube for a refresher on binding odd angles, this one was finished!  The pattern does have diagrams for doing the binding, but sometimes I like a moving visual.



Be sure to check out all the other blogs to see what everyone else is loving this month.




Happy Sewing!


=^..^=






17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! I love the colors and the design! It goes together like a one block wonder, with the triangles--I enjoyed that process. The back is awesome too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hexagons and your quilt makes beautiful use of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery quilt. I have to say, I was really enchanted trying to see just how it was put together. LOL!! You know how us quilters are. :-) I love the way you did your backing! I might just have to go pattern shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out absolutely gorgeous, Leah! The design and fabrics look amazing and to have the back almost as pretty as the front is a bonus. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt, and beautiful use of those batiks! Great helpers too! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is absolutely gorgeous! I love the butterfly fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors in this quilt and it pairs nicely with the unique design. My daughter has two cats and they are always helping with all our crafts. They are gorgeous cats. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt and the beautiful fabric you used!! And the back is wonderful!! So very creative, Leah!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LJ here at bulltulip69 at gmail dot com I love your quilt - the hexies are just perfect, I love hexies. I agree that the colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s spectacular! The back is as pretty as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this design and the bright fabrics make it sing! As pretty as the front is, I really like the bake the most - just a great modern twist to it. AND you really had me with the black cat - I miss my black furry quilting friend every day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitty helpers must have enjoyed napping as you stitched that gorgeous quilt! My kitty prefers to be outdoors, as she gets no peace from her puppy sisters. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a large gorgeous quilt. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I need to look for this pattern - it packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunning quilt! And the kitties helped a lot I am sure :) What would we do without our helpers!! xx

    ReplyDelete