Sunday, July 31, 2022

Accuquilt Tree of Life and Island Batik

 
This month Island Batik Ambassadors were asked to create a project using the Tree of Life die by Accuquilt and then gift the project to someone in need of joy this month.

AccuQuilt’s mission is to bring joy to everyone – especially when they need it. That is why, this month, we were encouraged to make Christmas come early for someone who could use a little joy.



We were all sent the die in our second ambassador box of goodies. This die is one of Accuquilt's Block on Board dies (BOB) in which you can cut out all the shapes for the block with one pass through the cutter.





There are a lot of pieces in this one so at first I was going make a pillow, but the pieces cut out so fast and sewed together so nicely I decided to cut out a few more blocks along with some extra half Square triangles for the corners.



I used mostly Island Batik Foundation Prints in this one.  The white is part of their neutral foundations and is called Sprinkles.  The dark blue is called Navy.  The lighter blue is called Dots - French Blue.

I ran out of the darker blue for the final border so I took a swatch of the Navy fabric and pulled out a piece that matched from my personal Island Batik stash. This one happened to have bear paws it. Perfect for these Winter Trees. I could call this quilt Bear prints in the woods.




This was pieced together and quilted with Schmetz microtex needles.
They always work so nice with Island Batik fabrics

.



I am loving this new pressing mat sent by Prairie Spirit Alpacas.  It fits perfect on my mini iron station. It makes quilting quicker when I can press the smaller pieces right by the machine.



I did some free motion custom quilting on this one.
Continuous Curves
Feathers in the borders
and swirls in the center dark blue.


Hobbs Batting is inside this beauty.
I used their premium cotton batting.




For the back I pulled some snowflake fabrics from my personal Island Batik stash that went well with the colors on the front. The quilt measures approximately 52 inch square and will be going to a dear friend who has had a rough month.



Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



3 comments:

  1. Very pretty in blues! I love the back as well. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Your Tree of Life quilt is awesome! Love all the blues.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete