Thursday, February 17, 2022

Pink Pinwheels - Tickled Pink Blog Hop

 


Today wraps up the Tickled Pink Blog Hop hosted by Carla of Creatin in the Sticks.  I'm excited to show off my Positively Playful Pink Pinwheels. 

I was short on crafting hours this time around, but I still wanted to play along and use up some of my Pink scraps piling up.


I picked a small block I knew I could sew up lickety split: Pinwheels, and I pulled out my 2.5 inch pink strips and cut triangles for 4 inch Pinwheels. I ended up with 35 different Pink prints for my Pinwheels.


The Pink border is full of pink hearts and brings my total to 36 different pink prints. 

I cut all the pieces out in one evening. The next evening I sewed the top together. It took two and a half Pirates of the Caribbean movies from sewing the first pinwheel to adding the last border strip.  

Maybe one day I'll use a real timer, but for now I suppose I'll keep time by the movies I play while sewing.



I got up early yesterday morning and quilted it before work. I used a pastel Pink thread and quilted an all over "whatever I felt like quilting" motif. Mostly swirls and partial feathers. 

Since the quilt is small it only took about 45 minutes to quilt.



If you need a fun quick project, especially for a baby gift, try Pinwheels with sashing.
 
The top measures approximately 41 x 53.





Check out the other hoppers today to see more tickled pink creations and be sure go back and check out any others you may have missed.


Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



25 comments:

  1. Leah that is a gorgeous quilt! I love pinwheels and pink and your quilting is always the BEST! FYI: the link on all the blog hop bloggers postings for your blog leads to a non existent posting on Carla's blog, not yours. I emailed Carla about it and made my link correct on my blog post, but if you don't get many comments, this could be why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink pinwheel quilt is positively fabulous! I updated your link in my blog post too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pinwheel quilt is deliciously fun!!! I HAVE to make one now! The quilting is fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so amazing and fast. I love that you measure in movies, I do the same thing. Your quilt is too precious for words and the fact you made it quickly is such an inspiration. Thank you for the tickle of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I am "Tickled Pink" just looking at your quilt. What a fabulous piece of eye candy! Love the pin wheels and the colors, and the design... Well, I guess you can say, I love it all! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you included how long quilting took you; I’ve been seriously considering learning to use a long arm for rent and this helps me estimate cost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pink quilt, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so pretty...love it! Those pink pinwheels just dance around the quilt and your quilting is beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is sooo beautiful and the quilting---oh my goodness! It is just awesome! I love this quilt. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this sweet baby quilt and the way you calculate your sewing time! I use audiobooks as my “timer”. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty quilt, Leah. I love those pink pinwheels!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that is gorgeous so bright and happy! That would take me so long your machine must fly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's an adorable quilt. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The perfect way to use up those pretty pink scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Positively Playful Pink Pinwheel quilt!!! (I wouldn't want to try to say that 5 times fast!) It is very pretty! And perfect for the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a fabulous pink quilt and I love that you measure time in 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pink quilt is positively perfect! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Leah, I'm so glad I didn't miss your post. This little quilt is delicious, and would be perfect in so many different colours. I corrected the link in my blog as well, and hope lots more quilters will get to see your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is amazing how such a simple block can look so much more when you use such a wonderful pink pallet. Love that you time your work using movies. That tickles me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet quilt! Love the pinks! I appreciate your quilt as you want to method--I like to do that sometimes too. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your use of pink is wonderul! I love pinwheels, too, so it's perfect in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your quilt! Pinwheels are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooh pink pinwheels, just perfect!!! And your quilting is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delightful quilt! And I love your estimation of time based on movie watching! Makes the sewing go by all that much faster. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete