Thursday, July 29, 2021

Never Too Early with Island Batik - Hunter Star Table Runner


It is never too early to start on those holiday projects! This month, Island Batik Ambassadors were challenged to make a holiday project to get things rolling for the holiday season! I chose to make a quick Hunter Star table runner for one of my small end tables.






I used some of the 5 inch strips from the stash builder sets that came in my Island Batik Boxes along with some left over scraps I had from other Island Batik Projects. The white is called Sprinkles, one of my favorite neutrals from Island Batik.



I used the Hunter Star die from Accuquilt to help me get the pieces cut out.
This die is so nice to have.  I purchased this one myself and I am glad I did.  I thought I would cut a couple pieces out by hand because I didn't have that many pieces this time around, but they didn't sew together as nice as when the fabric gets cut through the accuquilt cutter.  Having precisely cut pieces with the notches already cut out makes a whole world of difference when piecing everything together.





Of course everything was sewn and quilted with a Schmetz Needle. I got some in my first Island Batik box in January, but they are also the only ones I buy when I need more.  They never let me down.
I used a universal 80/12 for this one.





And there is Hobbs inside!  Soft and comfy just for kitties to rest on. 




I have now used up almost all the Hobbs Poly-Down premium polyester batting they sent me.  I got several projects out of this bag and I probably have enough to make another small square table topper.





The colors in this table runner were inspired by an image I saw on Pinterest. I didn't use the same cutting and piecing method or layout, but I really liked like the green, red, and gold color combo she used. You can see the original inspiration post here:




Happy Quilting!

=^..^=


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! This looks like a great die, I love the design!

    ReplyDelete