Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Orange You Glad Blog Hop




I was excited to join this hop hosted by Carla of Creatin in the Sticks

I had the perfect fabric just waiting to be unrolled!



I was sent these orange Stash Builder rolls in one of my Island Batik Ambassador boxes and knew they needed to be used in their own quilt. 




In my most recent Ambassador box I was sent the V Block ruler by Studio 180 Design and knew these two items would go great together.

FYI - You can stop back on the 26th for my day of the Island Batik "Try A Tool Blog Hop" when I show off another project using this same tool and an new Island Batik Fabric line coming to stores soon!

It was easy to pick what size triangles I wanted to cut for this quilt. I just used the size of the strip!
I lined it up on the 5 inch Cut Strip mark on the ruler and started cutting.


I also had some blue stash builders and used strips from those for the background triangles. 



The V Block ruler makes it easy to trim up the blocks nicely. 



I made 120 V Blocks and turned them into 30 Pinwheels.



They sewed up pretty quick.


Next I had a border dilemma... go with an all orange border or a thin inner orange border with a thicker outer blue border.

I couldn't decide so I took votes from the family. The inner orange/outer blue won out.


I took the quilt on Vacation with me and got its picture in front of Center Hill Lake in Tennessee. 


I used up some of my older stash fabric for the back.



For the quilting I used orange thread. It blended well with the blue fabrics.
I quilted an all over meander swirly design... pretty much what ever I felt like drawing with the needle.


And there is Hobbs Batting inside.  I sewed together two large left over pieces of Hobbs Natural Cotton batting with Scrim.  I love this batting.  Everything sticks together so nice and quilts up soft.



This was a fun little quilt to put together!
 It measures 55 x 63.



Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the other projects today!





=^..^=

26 comments:

  1. Such a lovely quilt. Taking it on vacation for the photo shoot was a great idea. The location really made the orange pop. Great use of the batiks and the ruler. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those oranges really pop on the blue background. A lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful. And I love your photos as much. Great nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful orange and blue colour combo! Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZERS! Love everything about this one and the pictures are amazing too! Your orange pops against the blue. You definitely blew me away. Thank you for a great start to the day and for hopping in the Orange You Glad Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that orange and blue work well together but you've made a quilt that 'shines'. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I love the orange and blue together and in batiks my favorite kind of fabric too. That is a stunning quilt. Makes me want to make a blue and orange quilt too. I have always loved blue, but orange has grown more and more on me over the years and since those 2 colors are complimentary colors they always look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! I love the orange on the blue. Your quilting is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange and blue is an awesome combination. What a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous quilt! And I think the border decision was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those colors and fabrics just sing! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is gorgeous. thank you for sharing and inspiring. I love these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! Those colors together are Ah!! Mazing!! what a super cool quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely quilt! I love those colors together! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning in those colors and fabrics...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this. That orange and blue combo is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Stunning contrast between the blue and orange. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt! Perfect for this hop. The blue and orange plus the pattern you did make the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! I love this. The orange and bright blue play so well together, and the design adds extra pop! Love your photo shoot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so striking! I may pinch this idea

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful contrast in the colors you used! I love it! Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty quilt. I love orange and blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a bright happy quilt! Orange you glad you had the perfect IB orange and blues in your stash! 😉

    ReplyDelete