Friday, June 24, 2022

Here Comes the Sun Blog Hop



Welcome to the last day of the Here Comes the Sun Blog Hop hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.
I've sure enjoyed seeing everyone's creations.  If you missed any, you can find the whole blog hop list at the bottom of the post.





The challenge for this blog hop was Summer and Sunshine.

We were challenged to sew something that has a summer theme like: sunglasses, beach items, sunny skies, and/or yellow colors. It could be a quilt, a bag, a toy, or whatever we wanted it to be.



I went with yellow and lots of it!
I even threw in some orange and reds for hot summer sun colors.



I had snatched up these Island Batik color strip packs from Missouri Star a bit ago when they went on sale and this was the perfect hop to use them.





Half of each pack makes a whole lot of four patches!  I didn't even use them all for this quilt.  When I first started, I had no clue where this project was going.  I was just sewing four patches.

As I was sewing the four patches I felt like I needed something pointy for sun rays, so I added the red triangle in a square blocks along with some orange half square triangles and ended up creating the quilt I have now.  



The other red, white, and orange prints are left overs from my other Island Batik Ambassador projects and from my personal Island Batik Stash.  It was fun to play with these colors of the sun.  

I quilted it with Hobbs Heirloom Premium 80/20 Bleached Cotton/Poly Blend.  I like using the white batting when I have lots of white in the quilt top.





The back is older fabric from my stash.  I really like piecing my backs.  Helps me clear out the stash!





I am calling this one Summer Sun.  It measures approximately 64 inch square.





23 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt and fabrics. I love Island Batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous quilt! So sunny and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pattern is one that I really like a lot, and have made something similar a few times, but the fabrics you have chosen really set it apart from others, It is beautiful Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asolutely gorgeous! I love all the oranges and yellows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you just started stitching with no plan. Wow, wow, wow your vision as you stitched was a fabulous one. This is one hot and sunny quilt that will be treasured for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For not knowing where you were going with your quilt, you definitely ended up in the right place. I love your quilt...it's gorgeous! The batiks in yellows and oranges are perfect for this fiery hot summer quilt. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors and pattern for this "theme"

    ReplyDelete

  8. Beautiful quilt. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this one from the colors and fabric to the design and the quilting. Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful, lovely quilt! I love the colours you chose! And the pattern is great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finish, wish I had grabbed some of the fq bundles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is one gorgeous, sunny, summer quilt! I’m impressed with your creativity .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Summer Sun quilt. The colors and design are wonderful. The addition of the oranges and reds sure makes me think of all the HOT weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that turned out fabulous. Love how one idea morphed into something more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The perfect fabrics front and back for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That is stunning!!! Perfect color and project for this hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous quilt! Sunny, bright and batik for added texture. I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your quilt is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful quilt. I love pieced backs! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely beautiful sunny quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another gorgeous quilt! I made a similar pattern in pastel solids years ago and have always loved it! Yours is such a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete