Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wonderful World of Color Blog Hop

 


Welcome! It's day three of the wonderful World of Color Blog Hop and today I'm showing off some colorful Wonky Hearts.




This wonky heart die from Accuquilt is perfect for 10 inch squares and my Island Batik Ambassador box came with the perfect stack of Island Batik Contempo - by Kathy Engle for Kate Colleran Designs LLC.




These hearts sewed up super quick.  
The longest part was deciding which colors to pair with each other.





I really like the look of all the hearts together without sashing, but then quilt would have been super small.  The blocks come out to 6 inch finished.






So I fiddled with some sashing.  I used the Island Batik foundation print called Heavenly.  At first I cut a 2.5 inch strip, but I wasn't quite feeling it...





So I took off an inch and made it smaller... much better.





For the outer border I used the Island Batik Foundation called Twilight.




For the back I used another Island Batik foundation print called Ivy in Tourmaline with a strip of left over Island Batik Butterfly print running down the middle.




This quilt is loaded with color from front to back.




I quilted it with yellow thread.  It popped just right on everything.





Be sure to hop on over to the other blogs check out all the other creations today!




27 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! The backing is just as colorful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colourful quilt! I think you made a wise decision to make the sashing strips smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your quilt! The hearts and the batik colors are my thing and of course your quilting is beautiful too! You never disappoint in your gorgeous creations. I pinned this one and might make a runner to try it out. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful quilt alive with colour. somebody is going to be very happy with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is an awesome quilt! I love how colorful it is, and I love the heart blocks! I probably wouldn't have thought of quilting it with yellow thread, but that sure did work. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww this quilt is fantastic, love IB and love the wonky heart die! SEW much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wonky hearts are certainly colorful, and certainly wonderful! The quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Leah, I just love this. The fabrics are just so perfect and the quilting in yellow takes it over the top for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! That is what I call, really putting your heart into this colorful hop! What a bright and cheery quilt. It makes my heart go pitty pat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your quilt. I have seen several of your post on Instagram and I love them all. Almost makes me want to get this die! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these fabrics came together so nicely in the quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colorful wonky hearts. I think I may have to get that die! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, Leah, you really rocked the color world with this gorgeous quilt...love it! It's so cheery and bright. Thank you for sharing, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty quilt. I like the hearts and how you sashed them too, and the backing fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colors are so bright and cheery-perfect for this hop

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gloriously colorful quilt. The fact that you could use a cutter was perfect and so darn quick. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is striking in color! Just love it. And I really like your sashing fabric: such a pretty mottled color. I admire your Accuquilt and how fast that make your project so easy to put together. Hooray for the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just perfect for the hop! So many beautiful bright wonky hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great quilt for the Hop, with all that bright, cheerful color and those cute hearts! Nice quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love your bright and very happy quilt. It's just so joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have certainly captured colour in your pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! The batiks have such intense, beautiful colors and your simple block is perfect to show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Most definitely you have captured the wonderful world of color in this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great use of those 10-inch squares! Perfect for this hop. The Twilight border really makes the colors pop!!

    ReplyDelete