Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Polar Bear Plunge Blog Hop


Welcome! Thanks for stopping by on this third day of the Polar Bear Plunge Blog Hop hosted by Joan of Moose Stash Quilting!  I hope you have been enjoying the hop so far and seen some good Polar Bear Plungy inspiration.




I had been itching to make a scrappy double bear paw quilt and this was the prefect hop to do just that.



My inspiration came from the pattern by Material Girlfriends, but I altered it to have more bear paws and less white space and added a couple borders.



I cut up lots of let over blue scraps from my Island Batik collection to make the center of the paws. I picked shades that reminded me of icy cold waters in the arctic.



I used two different Island Batik browns for the claws on the paws and even the borders came from my personal Island Batik Stash. I used up lots of left over Island Batik fabrics for this one.



For the back I picked a snowflake print for the center and then lined it with several different blues to make a striped piece backing.  Again using up the fabric stash for the backs.




The beach was the perfect place to photograph this one.  The colors of the water and the sky that day were perfectly matched.  But don't be fooled it was a cool 50 degrees with water temperatures to match. Not quite freezing, but cold enough for me.


I did not plunge into the water but sure enjoyed watching the dolphins play that day.  They don't seem to mind the colder water temperatures this time of year.




Make sure to not to miss any of the other stops today and check out their fun polar-ific creations.



Happy Sewing!


=^..^=




27 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. front and back. and the backdrop for your pictures is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! 50 degrees sounds nice right about now...the temps this mourning are a freezing 6 degrees with windchill -10 (Cincinnati) eek! I also love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That backing is a perfect fit for the lovely bear paws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowziers Leah, that is gorgeous. I love the colors and your adaptation of the design is perfection. You sure know how to rock this Polar Bear hop. I really am drooling here, over this! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the beach look warm Love it. Your quilt is picture perfect - from fabrics to design to photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Bear Paw version and the colors! And the quilting! Oh my I just love it all, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt, I love the blues! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Absolutely love your quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leah, that is one beautiful double bear paw quilt. The colours and photos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous quilt! Nothing like IB on beach with a beautiful sky to show off your quilt's brilliance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made such a beautiful quilt, and those clear blues are perfect. It is -16 here today, and the snow completely covers everything. No polar bears here, but seems cold enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the fabrics, the sand, and the water behind it. You really rocked the polar bear theme on this one...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leah, I absolutely LOVE your quilt! And the back is almost as great as the front! It is a great quilt for this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do love your quilt and the picture is absolutely perfect. The front is gorgeous, but you did a fabulous job on the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a stunning quilt. The water in the background makes just a perfect accent to the piece. I love that the back of the piece could stand on its own for this hop, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am entirely in love with your quilt. It's the most gorgeous colors, batik against the crisp white. The bear paw pattern is one of my favorites, though I've never made one myself. You completely took my breath away with such a gorgeous quilt and a blue one to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not sure that I've ever seen a Double Bear Paw quilt before. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous quilt! The colors are perfect, and the beach was an excellent choice for your photo shoot. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous quilt. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this quilt!!!!!!!!! Nancy A: SewingGranda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a beautiful quilt! I love all the fabrics and the colors are perfect for a beach photo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilt is beautiful and very fitting for the hop. Thank you for sharing 😄

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the colors and quilting xx

    ReplyDelete