Friday, January 29, 2021

Cabin Windows UFO Complete!


A UFO complete!  Yay!  I bought this kit from Connecting Threads in 2013.
I came across it the other day when I was looking for a quilt panel I wanted to play with.
This kit was with my panels.  Totally in the wrong spot.  

I took it out to put it were it belongs and realized I had already cut all the pieces out.  So I decided to sew it together instead of put it back on the shelf.


I almost quilted this using black thread, but decided to go with a blue. I am glad I did, the blue pops on the black and gives the quilt a whole new feel.  I did an all over feather swirl and what ever I felt like drawing for the quilting.  It quilted up pretty quick.  For the binding again I went with blue.  It frames it up nicely.



I used up most of this weird zig zag print for the back.  I bought it super cheap years ago and a lot of it, thinking it would be perfect for backings and it has served me well.  I added a purple strip of fabric to make it wide enough.  I couldn't believe how well the purple matched the print.


Another UFO off the list,  a lot more to go.....



=^..^=

 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You could make this with your leftover Island Batik scraps. Do you end up with many scraps after making your challenge quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty! I agree, the blue thread looks great with it!

    ReplyDelete