Wednesday, October 28, 2020

From the Heart Blog Hop

 

Welcome to day three and the final day of the From the Heart Blog Hop,
hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.

It has been fun seeing the inspirational gift ideas these past couple days and today I am adding these jewelry pouches to the list and I will be Giving two of them away!! More about that at the end.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those of you who always come back to see what I'm up to.




I have made these before as gifts. They are quick to sew up and fun to make out of different fabrics.



When I first made these years ago I used a pattern from Quilting Art Gifts Magazine from 2009, but there are several tutorials online you can use if you are itching to make one. The tutorials differ slightly in dimensions, but when sewn up they all look pretty similar. 

Here are a few links to some tutorials I found:

Sewfrench = Jewelry Pouch

Melanie Kham - Travel Jewely Pouch

You can also find some good tutorials on You Tube.  Just search Jewelry Pouch Tutorial



When I decided to make the jewelry pouch the plan was to only make one, but when I pulled out the main floral fabric there was only about 3/4 of a yard left so I decided to use up as much as I could.


I was able to get enough big circles and enough small circles to make three pouches. 



 That left a small amount of fabric that I folded up and put with my scraps.



For the lining fabric, I decided to go with three different colors: purple, teal, and green, making them all similar yet different .


I have a special someone in mind to give the teal one to, but if you liked to have the purple or green lined pouch leave a comment below. I am going to give one away here and one on my Instagram feed: @quilteddelights 
So if you want two chances to win visit both places.

I will pick a winner at random Sunday Nov 1.


*Winner Update*

Random Generator picked comment #17

Congrats Tink's Mom!





Check out the other hoppers for more hand crafted gift giving inspiration.  

The whole schedule is listed below.


October 26

Creatin' in the Sticks

Ms P Designs USA

Becky’s Adventures in Quilting and Travel

Websterquilt

Selina Quilts

Cynthia's Creating Ark

Quilting Gail

Scrapdash

Ridge Top Quilt

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

That Fabric Feeling

Vicki’s Crafts and Quilting


 October 27

MooseStashQuilting

Just Because Quilts

Day Brook Designs

Karen's Korner

Quilt Schmilt

Kathy's Kwilts and More

Karrin’s Crazy World

Words & Stitches

Vroomans Quilts

Sew Many Yarns

Songbird Designs

Samelia's Mum



 October 28

Just Let Me Quilt

Quiltscapes

Beaquilter

Seams To Be Sew

Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life

Bumbleberry Stitches

Days Filled With Joy

Quilted Delights  (me)

Den Syende Himmel

Life in the Scrapatch

Storied Quilts

Kathleen McMusing

Food for Thought



=^..^=


28 comments:

  1. Your pouches are beautiful! What a great gift idea; they can be used for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! And they can be used for more than jewelry! Thanks for the links. I love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the prettiest bags that I have ever seen. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks fir sharing them

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea and great for giving as a gift! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these pouches! So great for travel for a variety of items. Thanks for the links to the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, actually gorgeous, and so well made...I love them! They will make such amazing gifts. Thanks for sharing them, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these beautiful and useful jewelry bags! You could use them for just about anything! I am definitely making some of these for Christmas! Thank you for the inspiration and the helpful links.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The jewelry bags are wonderful little gifts. They would be perfect for traveling and taking your jewelry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I may just have the perfect fabrics in my stash to make a couple of these for Christmas giving. . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute pouches! They would make great gifts! I like the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pouches. They are a great gift idea. Love all three. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely bags! I really love the fabric you used! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely jewelry pouches! Thank you for sharing links to patterns. All 3 are beautiful with the fabrics/combo you chose. Nice giveaway from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your jewelry pouches. They are fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are stunning bags, wonderful gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pouch. Such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing this idea and where to find the 'how to'!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these they are so pretty. I like the green but purple is pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are super cute!! Great gift idea, thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous and thank you for the links. I will be checking them out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How kind of you to give one away. I would use it for a Christmas present for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A really great gift idea. Thank you for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how pretty these little jewelry pouches are. The fabrics are perfect. Great gift idea for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great pouches. I love teal, but am happy with any color.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you very much for hopping. I adore your beautiful jewelry pouches for gift giving.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm late, I'm late...but I am catching up! Those are the cutest little pouches and what great travel necessities too. Made a little bigger and they would be great travel sewing kits too!

    ReplyDelete