Friday, October 18, 2013

I.S.T.H Finished - First for the Q4 FAL


This is my first finish for the fourth quarter of the Finish-A-Long.  You can see my finish list here. I decided to start with a project that was mostly finished to give me a kick start to the quarter.
For this one all I had left was to finish the quilting in the purple border and the yellow in the stars. I decided to leave the curves in the light purple fabric as they were.  The original hold up for this project was trying to decide if I wanted to add feathers to those curves.  I decided to keep the quilt soft and not put in the feathers. Once the rest of the quilting was done, binding it was quick.


While I was taking photos, some of the ducks at the park kept getting closer.
They seemed really interested in what we were doing.  

 
Or perhaps they thought we had food.




I sure love my quilt holders. This holder is my youngest son.
He is the perfect height to hold this one up. 

One finish complete, that leaves 11 more for the quarter.
I'm fired up to get these finishes knocked out, some have been waiting a long time.
Lets hope that fire doesn't die out after the first month.



=^..^=

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt with such pretty fabrics and wonderful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish, it is a beautiful quilt and I love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete