Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Small Pastel 9 Patch - Finish #4

Last night after dinner I was trying to organize my sewing space and put things away when I came across some charm squares leftover from various charm packs. I wanted to use them in something, but wasn't quite sure what. Then it hit me to turn them into a quilt for my quilt guild's local charity project. This year the guild has decided to provide security blankets, aka small quilts, to the Pee Dee Coalition for abused children.
I decided to cut these charm squares in to smaller 2.5 inch squares.
Within 20 minutes I had a new stack of squares.


Not long after that I made 12 small nine patch blocks, surrounded them in white sashing, and added a bright yellow border. And with that I had myself a new quilt top completed before bed time. I even had time to baste it and do half the quilting before hitting the hay.


This morning I finished the quilting and added the binding. It is ready to turn in Thursday. I am excited about that as I was unable to attend the work day this month where the guild had set aside time to make as many small quilts as they could. I am glad that I can still participate and bring in a small quilt for the Pee Dee Coalition.  

 The quilt measures approximately 29 x 37.

 It took me about 2.5 hours to quilt this little quilt.  

Nothing too fancy, just some stitch in the ditch, some swirls, and arcs.




It was fun to work with these fabrics.
I hope it will bring some happiness into the life of the person who receives it.




=^..^=

2 comments:

  1. Nice quilt! You're a quick worker. I recognize some of those fabrics from my own stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gentle colours, they work really well together.

    ReplyDelete