Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Diamond Star Finished

I finished the binding on my Diamond Star quilt last night. You can see the sun shining through the quilt on the right. I was going to take a picture in the morning, with the sun on the front of the quilt, but it was tooo cold. I am not use to 20 degree weather.  So I waited for things to warm up late this afternoon.


This was one of my oldest UFO's.  When moving things around to fit the Christmas tree in the front room, I found a notebook that listed some of my projects start dates and goals.  This quilt was on the list as being started in April of 2002.  I originally started it as a birthday gift, but it wasn't done in time, so it got put on the back burner as other projects took precedence. I think I will wrap it up now so it won't be late this year.  :)






I will have another finish tomorrow, I did some quilting today and just have a few more binding stitches left on one of my small table toppers.  So far 2012 is off to a good start.


=^..^=





3 comments:

  1. Fabulous finish! Congrats on getting it done and the quilting is amazing! Suits the piecing perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Congratulations on a finish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt! Great job on getting 2012 off to a great start. :D

    ReplyDelete