Friday, January 13, 2012

60 Nine Patches

 I finished cutting up all the shirts except the two black ones and one white one.  I am not sure what to do with those two yet.  Perhaps I can use them for shashing if there is enough.  Out of the other 9 shirts I cut a bunch of 3.5 and 4.5 squares.  I took the smaller squares and made 60 nine patch blocks.  These will make two different quilts.  But I can't decide if I want to shash them with either white or black.  So I took a photo of them with both backgrounds to get a feel for what each one would look like.  Seeing them side by side I am leaning towards the black.  But my hubby said he thinks black is too dark so I am still on the fence.




=^..^=

5 comments:

  1. They both look nice, but I liked the white better. The black sashing does have an "amish" look to it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go with the black, more dramatic and makes the other colours sing.
    Josie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The white looks better to my eye,,, the black seems a little dull!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to say that I love that basket in your profile. I would go with the black as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black looks nice, but I think I agree with your husband. The white looks better to me. I think if your shirt fabrics were a bit brighter, the black borders would definitely look better. Okay so I put my 2 cents in even though you did not ask for it. Because in the end, you should do what you love. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete