Sunday, April 25, 2021

Black and White Half Square Triangle Baby Quilt

 


My Nieces Baby shower was this weekend.  She is having a boy and the baby's room is black and white, so I put together a little black and white quilt for the baby.



I ordered some cute black and white fabric with critters on it and mixed it with some other black prints from my stash. This was a quick pattern and looks fantastic.  It only takes 100 half square triangles and some small borders.  If you cut the print with the white at the same time it makes for easy lining up and quick sewing.


Chain piecing is the way to go when you have 100 half square triangles.  I finished the top in one day.  Faster than it took for the cute black and white animal prints to arrive at my door.



When I ordered the backing fabric I only paid attention to the animals: the sleeping foxes, bear, and dear.  When it  arrived I noticed the tents.  Super cute!


I quilted straight lines in all the white.


and meandered in all the black.


The binding came from the same fabric line.  It looks like black and white stripes, but it is actually white tree trunks on a black background.. Too cute!


=^..^=





No comments:

Post a Comment