Sunday, March 7, 2021

Jeff's T-shirt Quilt




This quilt was a long time in the making.  I was given the shirts several years ago and finally got them together in 2020.  My husband (on the right) is always telling me to put names on people's quilts.  Usually he means embroider them on the quilt top somewhere, but an embroidered name didn't seam to fit this quilt, so I pieced the name in big yellow letters at the top.  It was the perfect way to top off off all these school sport t-shirts.  




It took me a little fiddling to come out with the layout.  Not every shirt is the same height or width.  I didn't want to cut out any of the logos on the shirts so they came out different sizes.




I had to add a couple extra pieces of t-shirt material to make all the rows the same length but everything finally came together.  I added a thing black border to tie everything together.  




After I was corona free, I delivered it to its new owner in February.  He was very excited to get it and is going to hang it up in his office at school.

=^..^=







 

No comments:

Post a Comment