Wednesday, May 22, 2024

The Forest - Quilt Pattern

I love this quilt so much and I am excited to be releasing the pattern today!

It's called The Forest and is in my shop now!


The quilt was made with fabric from the Island Batik Fabric line called The Grove, a signature line by Kathy Engle for Quilters’ Treasure Chest.



How fun are these greens mixed with crystal blues.  When I saw these fabrics I immediately thought of a tree lined creek stream and and had to come up with a way to get that into fabric.





The trees in the quilt are made with foundation paper piecing.
It is a good design for someone just starting out with paper piecing as the shapes are fairly simple.

The pattern itself does not have instructions on how to paper piece, but if you are new to paper piecing, there are a lot of free resources on the internet to help get you started. 

I even have a quick tutorial on how I paper piece under my Tutorials section.




And if you are not quite ready to tackle paper piecing, you can cut out the shapes from the paper piecing pattern and use them as templates, just be sure to add 1/4 inch seam allowance all the way around.





The pattern has colorful graphics that help you lay out the gradient blue streams easily.


And just like the pattern I released Monday, Midnight Crossing, the PDF pattern will be on sale for the rest of May!


 If you are shop owner and want hard copies for your store, shoot me a message.


Be sure to come back Friday to see the final pattern coming out this week.


Happy Sewing!


=^..^=


No comments:

Post a Comment