Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Baby Blue Dutchman's Puzzle



My latest July Finish a Baby Blue Dutchman's Puzzle.


This one started as a quilt top in January for the Winter Blues Blog Hop.



I quilted it in May. 
I  was having issues with my long arm when I quilted my May Ambassador project and wanted something small to quilt to see if I had fixed the issue.



Turns out the issue was the quilt was pulled too tight on the frame.  
Once I loosened it, no more skipped stitches.


I put the binding on this morning before work and now I have another finish for the month.  Yay!


Happy Quilting!

=^..^=

6 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful in the blues and your quilting looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, where may I find the pattern for the Baby Blue Dutchman's Puzzle AND the July 2020 Ambassador's Challenge Quilt. The one that two ladies are holding up while standing on a porch. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cindy,

    I can't respond to you via email as your status is "no-reply blogger", which means you don't have an email set up with the account you leave blog comments.

    You can google Dutchman's puzzle block and there are lots of tutorials on how to make it. It is basically eight flying geese used to make one block. I added sashing and cornerstones to mine. My Ambassador Challenge quilt was a pattern I created on my own by alternating two different Ohio Star blocks. You can see the coloring I used for those in that post. Hope that helps, Leah

    ReplyDelete