Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Color it Red Blog Hop

Welcome to my day of the Color It Red Blog Hop!  Hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.

All we had to do to play along was make a project that had red in it.
Today I am showing off what I made with some of my favorite shades from my stash.


I call it Diamond Bars.

There are twelve different red fabrics in this one.
I used my 9 inch Creative Grid equilateral ruler to cut out all my triangles and angled strips.

The quilt has two different type triangles, one with a small inner white triangle and one with a large inner red triangle.  There are 36 of each.  I came up with 36  because that is exactly how many small white triangles I got from two 2.5 inch strips.  These are surrounded by 2 inch red strips.

I used yardage and fat quarters for the inner red triangles and cut four inch strips to cut the larger red triangles.  They are surrounded by 1.5 inch white strips.



They layout came about because of my need to have things be symmetrical.  I originally had all the outer red stripped triangles facing up, but that left a red bar at the bottom and not one at the top, so I started flipping rows around and came up with this layout.

I was fun to fiddle around with different triangle sizes and the layout to come up with this design.
This would be cool in scraps or rainbow color as well.  


The top was pretty quick to sew up once everything was cut out.
It Measures approximately 44 x 60.






I also played around with more red fabric and used the Pixie Basket Tutorial by Fabric Mutt.  
These are super cute and the perfect size to hold a bag of Valentine Chocolates.
These sew together lickety split!


Thanks for stopping by to check out my creations.

Make sure to check out all the other red creations today!

February 19th


Happy Quilting!
=^..^=

29 comments:

  1. That red and white is very striking. I am curious to see how you will quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red and white triangles are gorgeous! I love that your basket fits “an entire bag of valentine’s candy”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Diamond Bars quilt is amazing! And I love the little baskets too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt! Love the effect of the triangles. Your little baskets are cute too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is such a beautiful quilt with so much dimension...love it! Thanks for showing how you put the triangles together. Those little baskets are the cutest! Two great shares of red to give us some fun projects. Thank you for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful layout! Your little basket look tempting filled with candy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful quilt Leah! I love the photo of all the pieces cut out and ready to sew!
    And the baskets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly delightful quilt. Thank you for a narrative on your design process. Using two different sizes for the inner triangle gives it a really nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much cutting of fabrics gave you a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My immediate reaction was Wow, what a wonderful quilt. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Using 2 types of triangles make your quilt so fun to look at. Playing with settings really can change up the whole feel of things. Those baskets are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your triangles make for a stunning quilt. Beautiful finish. Cute little baskets too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the design, and keeping it to the two colors was really smart as it really makes those triangles stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this Triangle pattern! You created a really interesting alternate layout for your blocks. What a wonderful addition to the Hop your quilt makes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful reds! Thank you for sharing your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilt and layout. Thanks so much for showing your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diamond Bars is a wonderful quilt! Like the baskets as well - great idea! Thanks for joining in the hop. I've had such great fun checking out all the neat projects - great incentives!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning quilt. Yes it would look great in a rainbow of colours. But you can't beat the classic red and white combination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great looking quilt and it's just a plus that it's got red in it. You're a wonderful designer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow the quilt is fabulous. Red is my favorite color, but the design is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your quilt is beautiful!! Funny, you want symmetry and I try to make things asymmetrical!! The wonderful world of quilters has room for all of us, thankfully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great quilt. Triangles are a fun block. Sweet fabric baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty quilt and I love your choccy baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful quilt! The red against the white really makes for a striking design. Love the way you set the rows. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, make me stand up and jump! Fabulous design for showing off reds.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh My Goodness! I am afraid that I might just have to have one of these quilts! I can't stop gazing at it! There is something about it, I don't know, maybe the reds, that just sucks me in!

    ReplyDelete