Friday, September 5, 2014

Charity Quilts Basted and September Goal

Not much purge progress this week, so I didn't get to be part of the link this time around,  but I am still slowly chuggin' along.  This morning I basted the three boy charity quilts.   Since I expect these to get washed frequently, I plan on doing a simple  meander. They should quilt up in no time.

I also need to post my September goal for  ALYOF.

This month I am going to work on my left over reunion quilt. 
I used all the leftover pieces from my strip tube quilt to make this top.
I'm not happy with the red sashing so I am thinking about taking that out and redoing it. 
Unstitching isn't always the best part of quilting and I think that may keep this project in the UFO pile for a long time, so to make sure it get done, I am making it my September goal for "A Lovely Year of Finishes". I want to redo the top and have a new finished quilt top to add to my pile.

Here it is with me testing the borders and this is where I last left it in May of 2012.

Time to finish it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment