Monday, May 7, 2012

Strip Tube Top Complete



Sunday I was a little under the weather.  Enough to stay home from church, but not bad enough to stay away from the sewing machine.  I spent all day Sunday sewing most of this top together.  I got all of it done but half the green inner border and the outer border.  I saved that for this morning.


The picture on the tutorial I used only had 5 triangles across, but I had so many extra triangle units I decided to add an extra row.  That makes the top a 78 inch square.  


I used 38 out of the 40 strips from my jelly roll.  That gave me 19 tubes to cut from. 
Each tube gave me 9 squares (4 sets that matched and one odd ball).





I also had a 2.5 inch strip left at the end of each tube, and a a triangle that wasn't quite big enough to make a full square.  I was going to sew the scraps together and add them to the back of the quilt, but after rearranging them on the design wall, I realized that I just need to add some sashing and a border and I have me a whole new quilt!


I also made myself a new design wall on Friday.  I am so excited about it.  I will try to get a good picture of the whole thing later on.  It is huge, and portable, and huge!  I love it!


=^..^=



3 comments:

Natasha said...

You are on a roll! It looks great, and having an extra quilt with the scraps is a great idea!

Talin's Corner said...

I love the quilt on your quilt wall.

Sinta Renee said...

I love this... I need to do this one/this weekend, seriously! It looks like a great project and with a bonus quilt ta boot!