Sunday, March 19, 2017

Project Quilting Week 6 - "Time is Up"

"Time is Up" was the theme for the final week of season 8 of Project Quilting. 
When asking myself what to make, the only thing that kept coming to mind was song lyrics from the cartoon version of the Hobbit.
All week I have been singing, "The answer is Time..."  I suppose I could have made a mini quilt that had something to do with the riddle about time between Bilbo and Golem, but I wouldn need longer than a week to put that idea together. So I decided to go with a quilt that represented something that could capture moments in time.


Recently I participated in a Polaroid block swap on Instagram and decided these type of blocks would be perfect for "captured moments in time".
For this qulit I made the blocks bigger than the regular tutorials you see on the internet because I wanted to make the quilt big enough for a toddler to carry around. 
I fussy cut thirty eight 3.5 inch squares for the Polaroid base, 

I enjoyed going through my stash looking for the perfect "pictures".

I refound some old favorites.


The Polaroid Camera block comes from Quiet Play and went together fairly quick.
The quilt measures approximately 35in x 45in.

Make sure you head to Persimon Dreams to see all the entries and vote for your favorites!
=^..^=

7 comments:

  1. I went I looked--and yours is the best one there--
    great quilt--just love it--
    enjoy the moments, diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "photo" fabric choices. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cows!! So fun :) I like the size you went with - works better for the little vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely amazing! Fantastic work! I've loved watching your creations all season long! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! Where can I find the pattern for the camera?

    ReplyDelete