Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shirt Quilt #1 Finished

 I finished the quilting over the weekend and had a chance to put the binding on this morning.

 This quilt is made from 19 different striped shirts and one yellow oxford shirt.

The only part that isn't a shirt is the binding and the backing.


This was my first time trying circle feathers.  I rather enjoyed them.

I was going to go with a solid blue fabric for the binding but then decided to go with this striped fabric from my stash.


This makes finish #9 for the year.

~~~~~~

I have also started quilting shirt quilt #2

I had it draped over the couch to make sure I was liking where this design was going and my husband was impressed with how the block changes as I add each set of quilting lines.  He said I should take a photo of these three blocks in progress, little did he know I had already done it.  :)

The rest of the quilting on this will have to wait till next week though.
I need to spend the rest of this week working on some client quilts.

=^..^=

5 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on the plaid strippy quilt. I love it!! And I can't wait to see more of the other shirt quilt that you're quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the plaid and stripe shirt quilt BUT I very much like the second nine-patch shirt quilt. It has an Amish flavor to it that really, really appeals to me, and the quilting is a great complement to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripey binding! Well done you!!! No 9!!! I don't think I have done one this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful job on this quilt! Evelyn Sloppy's pattern is one of my scrappy faves!!! Nice quilting in the string blocks. I had no idea what to do on mine. Like your idea!

    ReplyDelete