Monday, January 30, 2012

January's AYOS and 3rd Finish for Year



It was a little difficult at first trying to get my neighborhood quilt basted.  All my animals think anything soft on the floor is for them.  I got the dogs away, but the cat took a little longer.  Eventually I had the kids come take him and love on him so I could finish the basting.

 I was still trying to fight off my cold, so I didn't do much of anything other than sew at the machine all weekend. I quilted a little Friday night, all day Saturday, and all Sunday Morning. I took a little break in the afternoon to play some computer games then I stitched the binding on last night. This morning when the sun came up I went outside to take photos.  I really enjoyed quilting it.  I keep rubbing it.  It has some nice texture going on.  I so love this quilt!


I have been enjoying solid quilt backs lately that show of the quilting, so I went for a soft pastel blue for this quilt.  I love it!  It showcases the quilting beautifully

One more photo.  It's hard not to take lots of photos of things you like. 
Have I told you yet that I love this quilt?
 :)

Belle always likes to be close by.




Also,  this is my 300th post.  Wow I didn't even realize I had that many posts.  I originally started this blog three years ago come April as a means to keep out of town family and friends updated on what I was working on.  Along the way I have found many more new friends.  Thank you all so much for stopping by and reading about my little crafting world.  It has been wonderful to read all your comments and get to know so many of you through the internet.  Here is to another 300 posts!!



=^..^=

13 comments:

  1. Lorenzo thinks that my scrap box is his place to rest while I work in studio. Lilly follows closely too. Love the quilt and the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilting on this one. Do you have a long arm or is it quilted on a domestic sewing machine?? May have asked this before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous quilt! Colorful and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is so pretty. Do you happen to sell these?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love the quilting and the texture. This is gorgeous! Great finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "Full House" is so gorgeous! LOVE the way you quilted it! I hope to quilt mine soon, and I got a few ideas from you :-)
    Happy sewing,
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting on your Schnibble is simply amazing! It really amps up the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait? Cats? On a Schnibble? I'm not at all sure that Rosie would approve. Even at 12 years old, she still hasn't decided whether or not she likes cats. :)

    But Rosie would definitely like your quilt, especially the spectacular quilting. You do beautiful, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it too! Love the colors, the pattern, the fabric, the quilting! Love, Love, Love it! Did I mention that I loved it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks lovely! Amazing quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt! Love the fabric and the quilting is do die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is gorgeous---love love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt, too. The colors, textures, and quilting just look fabulous. I agree the back is nearly as cool as the front.

    ReplyDelete