Only 4 more to go.
Since these quilts are going to Aunt Darla's kids I asked her which background she preferred for these 9 patches. She chose the black so that is what I went with. I must say I like how it turned out. This top was made entirely out of shirts except the thicker outer black border. I used all the solid colored shirts for this one and will make one more top similar to this one.
This next one had been almost done for a while, I just needed to add the piano key border to it. Which I did a couple weeks ago, I just hadn't gotten around to taking a picture of it. It is made entirely of the shirts. Even the off white sashing was a shirt.
I am going to make two tops more with a mixture of solid shirts and stripped shirts, and if I have enough strips left over the final one will be another string quilt.
I am getting excited seeing some actual progress on these tops. Taking apart the shirts and cutting them up into all the shapes I needed has taken awhile so it is fun to see some good progress.