I sewed together all the 9 patch and border strips this morning and got a start on the string blocks for the shirt quilt I am making. Only 20 more string blocks to go, but I need to cut up more shirts. I had only cut the sleeves during the first cutting session, and that has gotten me pretty far, but now I need some longer strips for these string blocks, so back to the cutting table I go.
Earlier today, when I was cutting out my 24 base squares for my string blocks, I also cut out the pieces for some place mats and a table topper. They will be for my good friend's grandmother. These should be quick and fun to sew up.