Saturday, August 31, 2024

Halloween Chevron Topper


August was all about Marvelous Mini Quilts for Island Batik Ambassadors

I decided to play around with the Mini Ten Wedge ruler by Phillips Fiber Art.  I bought the ruler years ago and this is the pattern that came with the ruler.  I don't think you can get the mini size ruler any more, but you can use the regular Ten Wedge and still make this smaller version.




I needed something festive for Halloween to put on a circular end table, so I pulled out some orange, black, and purple Island Batik Blenders.  




The pattern starts out by sewing strip sets. From there you cut your angles and sew everything together.
Avi and Boonky are always around to give their opinion.




Hobbs Heirloom Fusible batting came in handy for this project.  




Since it was small, I didn't want to quilt it on the longarm, so I used some Hobbs Fusible batting along with my Oliso iron to sandwich everything together.  





 


The batting worked great and I didn't have any puckers on the back.




I quilted it with orange and light purple Auriful threads and used Schmetz 90/14 quilting needle.









The purple thread is showing as gray in the photo, but it looks purple and pretty cool in person.   




Avi and Boonky couldn't wait to test it out for comfort.




The quilt is one inch larger than the challenge size, it came out to be 25 inches across. But it fits on the table perfectly.  






Happy Sewing!


=^..^=



1 comment:

  1. Very fun for Halloween! I love your kitty models. They did a great job. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete