Sunday, January 27, 2019

Project Quilting 10.2 - Red, White, and Blue

I made it!  I finished my quilt before the deadline. 
Albeit, it is super small this week at 8.5 inches.

The theme this week was Red, White, & Blue.  Not necessarily USA colors since many participants are from other countries, but it was based on the theme that most flags around the world have red, white, and blue in them, but we could create what ever we wanted.  It didn't have to be patriotic if we didn't want to.  

My original plan was to make a table topper I could put out for the 4th of July. It was going to measure 26 inches square. Not too big and doable in a week, but time time just wasn't my friend this week.  I was feeling a little under the weather halfway through the week. So instead of sewing I took a couple naps.  


Come Saturday night I only had the center done to my feathered star.  Instead of staying up all night I decided to trim the white triangles edges, add a mini border, and call it a mug rung.  Finished in plenty of time to get some sleep.  Maybe I can try the feathered star in another challenge.  It is a pattern I have yet to make and think they look really cool.

I have been checking out the other entries throughout the week as they have been posted and they are fabulous.  Go check out how everyone else interpreted the theme Red, White, & Blue.


 You can start voting for your favorites at 12pm Central time.


=^..^=



3 comments:

  1. Leah, I hope you're feeling better by now! You created a sweet project despite your ailments and one you'll really enjoy as a mug rug. The larger feathered star pattern is a beauty too! Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome! But I do understand about not feeling well - I was fighting a cold when the challenge was announced as well. Sometimes you have to choose between a bigger finish and a nap...naps won here, some, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's wonderful! Totally ok to just stop at the center - it's amazing! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete