Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Quilt

Merry Christmas Eve! 
My Christmas quilt has been delivered so now I can show it off. 

 I had these twelve blocks finished for some time, but never put them together.  I had the ideas a few years to turn them into three Christmas table runners, but then a better idea came to mind.  When I asked my mom what she wanted for Christmas all she wanted was a hug.  At first I told her I didn't know how to wrap a hug.  But then I figured if I put all these blocks together into a quilt she could wrap herself up in hugs from me all the time.   The idea came to me about two weeks before Christmas so I got busy sewing.

   This will be the first year I am not home for Christmas Eve.  I will be at the in-laws. So when she is missing me on Chrsitmas Eve she can wrap up in this Christmas Quilt and get a hug from me.  :)



=^..^=


4 comments:

  1. A very nice hug too! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilt...the colours are stunning and the quilting is perfect!

    May you have a blessed and peaceful M*e*r*r*y C*h*r*i*s*t*m*a*s!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful idea and a gorgeous quilt xxx

    ReplyDelete