Thursday, October 13, 2011

Quilt for Citizen Sam

 I finished this quilt on Sunday.  Since I have been quilting a lot for others lately, I make sure Sunday sewing is reserved for my own personal projects or for service quilts.  This one falls under the service quilt category.

I wanted to post about it sooner but it has been raining most of the week so I wasn't able to go outside and take a picture of it till today.  Today was the first sunny day we have had all week.

This quilt is going to the Citizen Sam project. I didn't make the top for this, I only did the quilting and the binding.  A guild mate of mine showed off six completed Citizen Sam tops during our August guild meeting and asked for volunteers to help her get them all quilted.  I told her I would take one and she gave me this top and the backing to go with it.  The guild provided the batting.  They have a big roll they use specifically for our service project quilts.

The quilting on this one went pretty quick. I did a general meander down the rail blocks, and for the stars and stripes rows I did a star and swirl meander.

 I had the perfect blue and white star fabric for the binding in my stash.

I will turn this quilt in at our next guild meeting in November.







=^..^=

No comments:

Post a Comment