Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Say What? - Crazy Quilting with Island Batik and Aurifil




Say What? ... I say, it's day three of the Say What? blog hop. There have been some great projects and stories shared so far and today I am excited to show off my project. 






I went with actual words on my project for the challenge theme, some inspirational words in the corner of these Piecekeeper Project Bags.  I made one of these a few months ago and decided I needed a couple more. This is a free pattern from ByAnnie and is a good starter project if you want to start using some of her other patterns.








Also, for the month of April, Island Batik Ambassadors were asked to work with Aurifil Thread and incorporate Crazy Quilting into their project.




I was sent an Aurifil color builder set in the green color way. It is called Walking Palm. I have lots of Island Batik scraps, but I knew the Sunshine Garden scraps left over from my February Puff Quilt project would go perfect with these threads.




And the back of these Piecekeeper Project bags from ByAnnie are the perfect place to show off some crazy quilting! 





I had a good time playing with the different stitches on my machine. They all sewed up really nice with the Aurifil thread and my Schmetz needle. 








I even threw in a couple other Aurifil colors thread to complete the look.




The Walking Palm Color Builder set comes with three greens, two light greens and a variegated green. I added an orange and a light teal. They all blend well together.




The blue and the dark pink Aurifil colors were used to construct the bag.





Some of these thicker stitches turned out fantastic.





I like the little hearts too.




The thread and the fabrics look so well together.




These are such fun stitches. I would like to use them more, but I'm not sure know what projects 
to put them on. 




Say, what other projects can I use these fancy stitches for? If you have some suggestions let me know!





Enjoy all the other Say What? projects by following the links below.


Happy Quilting!










=^..^=






Follow me on Instagram


14 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous and fun project bag and love all of the specialty stitches. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project bags are amazing! You put so much work into all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun are those bags! I love your crazy quilted back. I tend to ignore all the decorative stitches on my machine, but now I want to play. Scrap busting and playing with stitches, and a fun project bag to boot. Yep, I say...lets go for it! Thanks for sharing the pattern info as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! I love this handy little portfolio bag. Thank you for the link to the pattern. Beautiful stitching on your crazy quilt backing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the back of the bags!!! The crazy piecing and stitches are awesome. I love Annie's patterns. I am sure you will put those beautiful bags to good use, Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the information on where you found this great bag pattern and how you successfully used so many of the fun stitches on your machine to help in construction. Why is it that we own these machines and never use them anywhere near their potental. I think you may have given so many of us a push in that direction, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! Your project bags couldn't be cuter. Love the words, the crazy quilting, and the machine stitching you did. Just grand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really pretty bags and your crazy quilting looks amazing on them...nice job! Love the fabrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These project bags are the bomb, Leah!! And the words are perfect for the Say What? hop! I love the color builder set you received and the crazy quilted backs are awesome!! I am going to head over to Annie's and pick up this free pattern. Thanks for the heads up on that! And of course, those Island Batik fabrics are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these bags. Great fabrics and stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project to show off the scraps, colors and thread and stitches. I know I'll have some scraps left from my project, so I'll probably make some of these, too. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun you must have had making these delightful projects for the Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun projects!! So good to be using all those different stitches and threads! xx

    ReplyDelete