Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Carolina Lily Lone Star - South Carolina Version

This project came about this fall when I was asked to make a small quilt that represented South Carolina.

I had a blank slate to work with and after some deliberation I decided to use my pattern Carolina Lily Lonestar. I shrunk the dimensions a bit, changed the coloring, and added the Palmetto Moon in the center.


I decided to go with all shades of blue and white so it could kind of match the South Carolina flag.  Before I started sewing the diamond blocks, I took a picture of the fabrics in the proper order so I wouldn't mess up the color placement while making the diamonds.




I kept the center all blue so the Palmetto Moon would pop.



I printed the Palmetto Moon on some wonder under straight through my printer and then ironed it on the white fabric.  That made it easy to cut out.  It is raw edge applique and should be fine since this will be a wall hanging and will be seldom washed.




This quilt measures about 28 inches square.
  

=^..^=

2 comments: