Friday, April 6, 2018

Tacked Up - 30 Blocks 30 Days



Carla from Creatin' in the Sticks is hosting 30 days of simple quilt blocks.
Each day in April she is showcasing a new block with directions and pattern ideas.  
Today I get to help showcase block #6  Tacked Up.  

I am ready for Spring so I decided to use some lovely spring fabric.  I used a bright pink in place of the white in the original block and a bright yellow to replace the gray.  I also changed the corners a bit by alternating two different fabric instead of using just one. It has given the block a whole new look with just changing color placement.




When you put several blocks together your eyes are drawn to the zig zags pink rows and the yellow butterfly squares pop off the quilt. While the alternating corners subtlety create 4 patch blocks  throughout the quilt.


I did a 4 x 5 quilt block layout to create a little larger rectangular quilt.  



I also used the cute butterfly fabric as part of the backing and binding. This fabric that has been sitting on my shelf for way too many years.  It has finally had it's day in the sun, literally and figuratively.  


Make sure to check back at Carla's blog everyday this month to see a new simple quilt block that can create a quick and lovely quilt. She is also creating a modern quilt using each each block. Can't wait to see her finished quilt!





=^..^=



38 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us your quilt. I'm always amazed at what can be done with just one simple block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so bright and cheerful. It made me smile....especially since the weatherman just said we are getting more snow today.

    Thank you for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bright fabrics. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so beautiful...love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute quilt. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! It is so amazing what color placement can do. Thank you for showing that with your post. I love your quilt and the bright colors you chose. Of course, I always love your quilts. Thank you, Leah, for being a part of the 30 Quilt Blocks in 30 Days Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! I love your color choices and the secondary designs that are made because of them. I often piece the backs of my quilts too--I think that adds some interest, besides using up fabric. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need more hours in the day! More days in the week!! Who am I kidding! I need years to catch up on all the sewing projects I WANT to Make!!!! This is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eye catching and clever color placement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know, I keep coming back and dreaming about this quilt! It's not going to leave me be until I get one under construction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This pattern reminds me of a woven design. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! It's such a bright and cheerful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your quilt turned out so bright and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the girly look of those butterflies. The quilt turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a perfect bright and cheery spring time quilt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this, and I love the colors you chose! Great job!

    https://prayersformymom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Those butterflies scream spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors and fabrics ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. The block makes an interesting quilt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a pretty and cheerful quilt, love your fabrics and placement!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This block makes a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful, happy quilt this created!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love butterflies. your quilt is so cute and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colors in your quilt!
    nikilsend(at)outlook(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a bright and happy quilt. Would be a quick quilt to make for a comfort quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is amazing how placement and color can make such a difference. Love your finish. Ain't it great being able to use up some of that older stash.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful quilt! Awesome. Have a great day! angielovesgary2 atgmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! Being able to choosing colors that look good together is so important. It's one of my skills I need to improve. You seem to have mastered it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great quilt! I like the bright colors. Don't you love when your vision turns out fabulous?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this quilt and I like how a simple switch to different colored corners made such a change in the fished project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete